Tuesday, February 5, 2008

confessions from a cluttered life

scene one: A woman sits disguised (she wears a wig and her voice has been altered) behind a screen. The lady fumbles around and doesn't want to be recognized by any on lookers.

The Interviewer: Today we sit here with uh, a lady from a local congregation. She states that she lives a rotten life.


Lady: I uh, I uh, don't know where to begin. It hasn't always been this way. In fact, uh, when my husband and I moved, I vowed to change. I got rid of ,uh, a lot of things. In fact, when we moved in everything kind of had a purpose and place.


The Interviewer: So what changed? Where did it all go wrong?

The lady fumbles with her purse and everything inside of it falls to the ground. Her lipstick rolls and she bends to retrieve it. Her head becomes in view of the tv camera. She quickly withdraws behind the screen once more.

The Lady: Uh, uh, I just don't know quiet for sure. I left boxes of stuff in the garage after we settled in the house. I never made time to remove them. And, uh, slowly I thought I had a need for items and would retrieve the boxes and bring them into the house.

The lady begins to sob.

The lady: I should have, I should have done away with the stuff. Now it has over taken me. It has over taken my family. I feel rotten. My home is, uh cluttered and I feel confused often. Please sir, Tell me that you can help, that someone can help. How do other's do it?

The interviewer: I can only tell you how I do it.

The lady: Please,sir, go on.

The interviewer: The trash must be taken out daily.

The lady sighs. Picks up her purse. Walks in full view of our camera and empties her purse into a trash can. Then reaches down into the can and retrieves her lip stick and her wallet. Then slowly walks out the door.



No comments: