Wednesday, September 3, 2008

target

not talking about the store this time. talking about missing the mark. sometimes we get so focused or distracted by even good and great things.... like trying to please God and wanting to do the right thing that we miss the mark all together. sometimes the answer that we have been praying and searching for is right under our noses.

Lord, ya see me. ya know i am helpless and can't even decide on which shoes to wear... partly because i got too many......and the other half because i just can't decide. please, Lord, don't let me screw up this thing that may as well be you in the flesh. ya know i just need you to carry me to wherever you want me. then i can't praise myself and will know for sure that i hit the mark. feel like i am shootin' with that flimsy bow and arrow, when you just want me to pick up that super nerf gun from aunt wendy. nonetheless Lord, here i am, the stupid, helpless one that somehow, you have chosen.

No comments: