Wednesday, April 9, 2008

one foot off the ground

having faith is a lot like the guy on the side of the cliff hanging on to a twig. he knows he is going to fall and is holding on for dear life..... only to find that if he lets go he is one foot off the ground. my pastor asked in his blog, if it is easier to trust that our bank account is sufficient or to say God will provide? i have to be honest and say that i've been on both sides of that fence. i reach beneath the surface of who i am and know which one makes me feel more secure. i hang my head in shame.... yet a piece of me is in that other place.... knowing there is no way out of this hole, this cliff without Him, so i must trust, must believe that His hand could reach down and pull us up. i know when we finally let go of the twig i will have a lot of stories to tell of all He has brought us through. my only question is why am i not doing it now?

No comments: